Career Hacking: The World's Bestselling Job Search Course 🎯 [2020: Version 6.5]
Pairs with in-demand micro services when you need help from a human. Qualify for a free resume review from an Eazl mentor.Watch Course Trailer
Eazl is the online school that fits your life. Since launching in 2013, Eazl courseware has received 15,000+ 5-star reviews and is trusted by teams at Tesla, Harvard, the World Bank, and many other leading organizations. Today, 150,000+ students use Eazl to build and prove their skills from anywhere, on any device, on their own schedule.
Eazl also offers you industry-leading digital student support. More than just Q&A, you can get high-quality feedback on projects that can be career game-changers for you--like your resume and completed course projects. For example, many students at the University of San Francisco and EDHEC Business School submit and receive feedback on their resumes from Eazl’s student support team before graduating. Our team is passionate about delivering you honest feedback to support your learning and enable you to put your best foot forward.
You can take advantage of three kinds of learning experiences with Eazl: Career Hacking, certificate courses, and Eazl’s BFE Program.
- Career Hacking is the best-selling career management course in the history of the Internet. It’s a great way to learn how the job market works, to refine your career strategy, and to build your resume and LinkedIn® profile. We also offer additional services to help you build a strong professional brand and navigate your job search.
- Eazl’s certificate courses enable you to develop a specific skill, get templates and tools related to the skill that you can alter for your own uses, and receive a customized certificate for completing the course. For example, Eazl’s Growth Hacking with Digital Marketing class is a certificate course with more than 35,000 alumni worldwide.
- In Eazl’s Business, Finance, and Economics Intensive (BFE) program, you’ll learn everything you need to know to be a capable, well-rounded businessperson. Through the BFE program, you pick among 5 specializations or complete all 5 to prove that you’re someone who deserves a seat at the leadership table.
Welcome to the world's BESTSELLING career management course from Eazl and former Bay Area recruiter, Davis Jones!
This course is tested by the market and has been reviewed 5k+ times. This course is now part of the curriculum at University of San Francisco, EDHEC Business School, Golden Gate University, Sonoma State University, Saint Mary's College of California, and Santa Rosa Junior College.
Career Hacking™ Version 6.5: Fresh as of January 2020 | Always being updated! We make sure you have the latest important information when it comes to career planning and resume writing.
Learn resume/CV writing in addition to how to write a cover letter, develop your personal brand, prepare for interviews, network with other professionals, and more!
"I have taken multiple great courses with Eazl. The Career Hacking [course] still remains the best course ever for impact on my life." -Cameron S.
"The easiest way to learn about strategies for interview and resume." -Deepak M.
"After spending months of searching for jobs the wrong way, this course provided me the tools to properly go about finding the next step in my career. It changed my outlook on job searching!" -Athanasios D.
A great job is the key to living a happy life. The problem is, you know how competitive the job market is and you weren’t taught how to job hunt in school.
The good news is, by simply mastering these leading-edge job hunting and professional presentation skills, you can get yourself into the running for positions that were previously out of your reach. Plus, you can present yourself articulately, with confidence, and with purpose. Identify the right opportunities so you don’t waste your valuable time and get hired for more money than you previously thought possible.
And it can all happen within the space of a few weeks. Thousands of job seekers all over the world have already benefited--and you can too.
"This is a great course for anyone looking to improve their resume and leverage LinkedIn as a platform. Lots of real world examples and tons of useful and actionable content. Really well done!" -Sean C.
"One of the best courses ever that teaches you what to do and what is the mindset behind the activity." -Rudyard V.
"I decided to start the Career Hacking course because I need all the help I can get to return to my professional field after 2 years off the path. The information Eazl offers is complete and valuable." -Esmerelda H.
"I just want to let you know that I got a terrific job offer this morning from Harvard Business School and I'm very excited. One of the people I interviewed with went out of his way to show me the highlight points in my cover letter that sold him. Thank you!" -Sandy
One of our students landed a new job that increased his salary by $20,000 a year--and he did so in just 21 days--by applying the skills he learned in this course.
Imagine a job hunt where:
- Your resume captures the attention of recruiters immediately and helps you soar past other candidates for highly desired positions
- Your LinkedIn profile shows instantly that you’re an outstanding candidate and garners you more positive attention and more interviews
- Your interview skills increase dramatically, allowing you to connect better with potential employers and set yourself apart from the competition
- Your professional network expands exponentially, opening yourself up to new relationships and opportunities for career advancement
- Your potential for lifetime career earnings skyrocket as you move more effortlessly through your chosen professional path
It will only take you two or three evenings tops to unlock the secrets of resume writing, LinkedIn profiles, interviewing like a superstar, and much, much more!
If you learn and use these strategies, it could mean increased pay, new opportunities, and maximum control over your career, which could easily translate into tens of thousands of dollars of value. And you can get this entire course for the small investment of just $199.99. Not only that, but you also get a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you aren’t 100% satisfied with this course, we’ll refund every penny, no questions asked. Enroll in this course now and start creating the future you want.
"I loved the Career Hacking course. It got me my first job as a video editor for a media company." -Dan A.
"I just wanted to say thank you. Your Udemy course helped me get an interview at Amazon." -Michael M.
"Eazl has the best course on resume writing." -Aditya G.
The Most Advanced Strategies in Job Hunting
What would it be like to have a killer resume, an extraordinary LinkedIn profile, phenomenal interview skills, and a top-tier network of professional contacts? This collection addresses the full range of topics relevant for the highest level of success in career advancement.
Career Hacking is based on the innovative strategies of the career management offices at the University of California at Berkeley. Each module leverages cutting-edge research from top-flight organizations like Harvard Business School, the McKinsey Consulting Group, and Duke University. The course itself is currently implemented by the career centers of the EDHEC Global MBA Program and the California State University Business Schools.
As a student in this course, you’ll get lifetime access to:
- 150+ eye-catching and engaging videos presented in HD and designed by the animators at Eazl in San Francisco
- Pro-grade, tested and proven templates for your resume writing, CV writing, cover letter writing, and LinkedIn profile
- Word tracks for managing tricky situations like performing seamless e-networking, requesting professional recommendations, and handling tough interviews
- Step-by-step guides for advanced resume writing and advanced LinkedIn profiles, including keyword optimization
- Summary banks for your resume, cover letter, and LinkedIn profile covering a wide variety of professional backgrounds
With highly-produced videos and other well-crafted materials, this course is optimized for both enjoyment and retention, allowing you to get the most out of this valuable career information. You’ll also get frequent updates to the course, giving you more and more value over time.
As part of your enrollment in the course, you'll learn how to qualify for a free resume review from an Eazl mentor. Having your resume reviewed by someone on our team is a great way to check your understanding of the curriculum, catch major issues that might cause immediate disqualification for roles during your job search, and upgrade the language you've chosen to describe your work experience so you can present yourself for employment opportunities in the best light possible.
"It's worth the money. You should know that, in a week after implementing everything I learned, I got three job interviews through LinkedIn." -Gilang F.
"I'm convinced this course helped me get my current job. Thank you." -Scott W.
“A very informative course with a great suite of downloadable materials. There are many techniques that I have never considered while conducting a job hunt.” -Christopher T.
What are the requirements? Access to Microsoft Word, Pages (Mac), or other word processing software
What am I going to get from this course? With this course at your fingertips, you can:
- Prepare a keyword-rich, targeted resume that gets outstanding results
- Present yourself powerfully on LinkedIn and discover other online networking techniques
- Interview competently and persuasively while still being yourself
- Create career opportunities using traditional and non-traditional methods
- Build relevant professional networks as a foundation for future advancement
- Set the stage for a rewarding career filled with success and contentment
- The chance to qualify for one free resume review from an expert on our team
Who is the target audience?
- Professionals looking to stealthily get promoted or job hunt
- Job seekers who want to improve their results
- People considering a career change
- Recent college graduates
- Participants and recent graduates from MBA programs
- Current undergraduate students
Who is not the target audience?
- Professional recruiters and career coaches
- Anyone trying to offer services related to job search or career planning
- HR professionals looking for relevant career training to add to their profile
This course does not qualify nor certify students to offer these services or perform such job functions as the curriculum does not focus on these skills, which are extremely different than an individual managing their own career and related materials.
Version release notes:
- January 2, 2015: What's New in Version 2.0
- Added the interview hacking cluster of modules
- Added additional SideBYSides by request
- February 22, 2015: What's New in Version 2.2
- Added additional quizzes to support learning
- Integrated private Facebook group access
- March 5, 2015: What's New in Version 2.3
- Our team performed a full audit of the SideBYSides and adjusted all audio issues on LinkedIn SideBySides
- April 10, 2015: What's New in Version 3.0
- We added further study section on career planning, career technologies, and common resume challenges
- There are all new intros that are much more fun and engaging!
- Better reinforced learning with key learning outcomes and quizzes
- June 11, 2015: What's New in Version 3.1
- Added an segment of an interview with the Charles Hugh Smith, the economist and author, on the power of accrediting yourself in the modern economy.
- Added four new sample resumes for you to use as you develop yours!
- Added two new cover letters to the sample bank!
- August 5, 2015: What's New in Version 3.2
- Added the Guide to Post-Interview Follow Up (thanks for the suggestion Missy!). You can find it in Lecture 85.
- August 28, 2015: What's New in Version 3.2.1?
- Flow through to a few of the updates we've been making via the EazlVlog so that you can contextualize course concepts with real life scenarios and easy-to-use recipes.
- October 21, 2015: What's New in Version 3.2.2?
- Fixed an issue where the audio was creating blank space on two SideBYSide lectures. Thanks for helping us find the issue Cyrus!
- Added an additional vlog link related to exporting your resume so that it works more seamlessly with the latest ATSs.
- December 22, 2015: What's New in Version 3.3?
- We've added a recording of the Practical Immigration Strategies for Working in the USA panel. This is a three-person panel discussion with Ari Sauer, a US-based immigration lawyer, Nick Livingston, a San Francisco-based technical recruiter, and Davis Jones, the co-founder of Eazl. Use this to dive into the world of US work visas and immigration strategies.
- February 1, 2016: What's New in Version 3.3.1?
- By popular request, we've created and uploaded a guide with sample interview questions, good responses, and other question prompts around specific work habits and practices. You can find it in lecture 77!
- November 3rd, 2016: What's new in version 4.0?
- Career Hacking 4.0 has a whole new suite of features and content for the AI-disrupted job search. In addition to new content centered around LinkedIn and the data-driven recruiter, 4.0 also features an brand new section to help you level up your soft skills. Similar one of the first (and still the best) conversation training tools, Dale Carnegie's "How to Win Friends and Influence People," the new section will help you be a much better conversationalist and networker. We also de-escalated some modules and integrated micro-networking actions throughout the course to help participants get in the habit of digital professional networking. Enjoy the new course!
- July 17th, 2017: What's new in version 4.1?
- Career Hacking 4.1 migrates course document support from Dropbox to Google Documents. Students in the course should not experience any learning disruption from Dropbox's recent hosting infrastructure change!
- November 22nd, 2017: What's New in Version 5?
- Woohoo! Version 5 is a BIG UPGRADE. Since the acquisition of LInkedIn by Microsoft, things have changed on the platform. So, we've built a brand new step-by-step guide, new SideBYSides, and new content around the changes that have been made to the Platform. Also, we've upgraded to the 2.0 suite of Eazl Resume Templates and to support the upgrade, there are new 2.0 sample resumes and hands-on content to support the upgrade. If you enjoy the great upgraded content from our team here at Eazl, please tell your friends that this course is a reliable, trusted partner in any job search!
- October 27th, 2018: What's new in Version 6? The Eazl team continues to add value to your learning experience. In version 6 of the course, you have access to a brand new series of animations that make full use of Udemy's new assignments feature and a new section on designing a longer-term career plan.
- Udemy's Assignments enable you to receive guided instructions, use your skills, and then see how your instructor does something. We've leveraged this feature by taking the most challenging parts of the Career Hacking course and making them easier for you through the use of these guided assignments. For example, when you reach the point in the course where you need to develop bulletpoints for your resume / CV, you'll find an animated Assignment that takes you through the process step-by-step, gives you a chance to develop your own resume bulletpoint using what you've learned in the course, and then shows you how it's done by your instructor.
- Many of you have also asked for help developing a mid and long-term career plan. In version 6, we've added an additional section to help you. First, you'll learn soft skills that will help you transition to working with a new team and/or at a new job. Then you will have the opportunity to use the VISTA career planning tool that we've built for you so that you can align your values, interests, skills, and more with your career goals.
- One of the new videos that we've added for you is an interview with Stephen Szermer, someone who successfully completed a big mid-life career change. His story will help anyone who is in a career rut, needs to change careers, or feels like the world has evolved past their existing skill set. We hope you enjoy Career Hacking version 6!
- January 7th, 2019: What's new in version 6.1?
- We've migrated some of the guides and course tools to Google Drive so that they're usable across all of your devices and easier to use than .pdfs!
- April 9th, 2019: What's new in version 6.2?
- You all are amazing! We want to harness the collective power of the Career Hacking community to make the course better for you and other future students, so we've added the ability for you to contribute your ideas related to new content and course features through a simple, anonymous feedback mechanism. Thanks for working with us to make your learning experience awesome!
- June 15th, 2019: What's new in version 6.3?
- We've heard many of you ask for additional support with mid and later-life career changes, so Davis from our team spent quite a lot of time creating a comprehensive presentation specifically tailored to the needs of people going through a mid or later-life career change. You can find this presentation in the text lecture where all of the course resources are listed.
- November 1, 2019: What's new in version 6.4?
- You've asked and we've delivered! Career Hacking™ is now fully closed captioned in English so that you can clearly understand key Career Hacking™ concepts and so that students whose first language isn't English can have a fuller learning experience and develop their English skills while taking the course!
- We're introducing a suite of Voices from the Field lectures. This lecture style is something that Davis learned while participating in Harvard's Leaders of Learning program. In each lecture, we pose an important career management question to experts with a variety of professional expertise and backgrounds so that you can get multiple informed viewpoints on these topics. In this update, we feature experts with experience in technical recruiting, in placing candidates looking for work after receiving professional certificates, in helping MBA graduates get jobs, in coaching executives in Silicon Valley, and in breaking into the financial services sector. Thanks for joining us in the Career Hacking™ course!
- January 4, 2020: What's new in version 6.5.1?
- When you're searching for a job, keeping records of your applications and managing your professional network are super important. Previously, we showed you how to take care of these problems using Podio® as your "Job Search CRM" platform. However, Podio® is really designed to be used by teams for much more complex activities, so Davis Jones, this course's designer, built a custom tool for Career Hacking™ participants that's built on top of Google Sheets and Google Apps Script. It's called the Career Hacking™ Hub. This free software keeps all of your information private (essentially, it's a modified Google Sheet that you own), and it pairs perfectly with what you learn in your Career Hacking™ learning experience. You should find this tool convenient, free, and helpful. You can learn more about it inside the course. We're always trying to add value for you and to support your success! Welcome to Career Hacking™ 6.5.
- March 13th, 2020: What's new in version 6.5.2?
- You'll find a new SideBySide that walks you through using the new Career Hacking™ Hub App. This should enable you to get up and running with the newest technology feature of the Career Hacking™ course quickly!
StartThe Two Ways that Resumes Can Determine Your Future (1:42)
StartHack: The Big Six Skills™ and Reverse Engineering Techniques (2:14)
StartYou are an Iceberg: Framing and Transferable Skills (2:35)
StartAssignment: Let's Reverse Engineer Your Big Six Skills™ Together (2:24)
StartOptimizing Your Resume in the Age of Algorithms (3:55)
Start[Step by Step Guide] The Anti Robot Protocol PDF
StartAssignment: Let's Build Your Resume and LinkedIn® SEO Strategy (1:28)
StartUsing Eazl's Power Language Tool to Write Resume Content [See PDF Attachment] (1:34)
StartIntegrating Brands, Details, and Quantities [See PDF for Industrial Titles] (3:24)
StartAssignment: Let’s Go Through a Workflow to Build Content for Your Resume (2:37)
StartUsing the Eazl Schematic for Writing a Powerful Executive Summary (1:08)
Start[Optional] Don't Get Bogged Down with These Resume Myths (1:25)
Start[Optional] A Few Tips on Bulletproofing Your Resume (1:06)
StartThe Story Behind the $1,500 Resume + Using the Resume Resources (2:50)
StartUse the Eazl Resume Templates & Professionally-written Samples in the Eazl Format
StartReverse Engineering and Building the Big Six Skills (13:10)
StartDescribing Organizations and Using Job Titles (8:45)
StartDesigning a Keyword Optimization Strategy (3:51)
StartWriting Great Resume Content for a Past Job (9:13)
StartWriting Great Resume Content for a Volunteer Position (4:49)
StartWriting an Intelligent Position Description (1:56)
StartWriting a Powerful Executive Summary (5:52)
StartDesigning the Education Section (2:48)
StartFinishing Up: Writing Another Resume Bullet Point (3:33)
StartFinishing Up: Describing an Academic Research Post (5:31)
StartFinishing Up: Describing an Internship and a Relevant Work Project (7:14)
StartFinishing Up: Adding Languages and Other Extras (1:52)
StartUpgrading Your Resume to the 2.0 Format (5:26)
StartSpecial Offer: Get Human Feedback on Your Resume from an Eazl mentor
StartFrom the Vlog: Exporting Your Resume to Work with ATSs
StartFrom the Vlog: Coding Labs, GitHub, and Personal Websites on Tech Resumes