Learn successful approaches to negotiation in 70 minutes and earn a certificate that comes with additional verification support and annual updates.
In this course, you'll learn how to:
- Create value through integrative bargaining
- Generate or limit alternatives as a strategic approach
- Claim value through reciprocal negotiation
- Create a collaborative environment for negotiations
- Apply psychology to making and labelling concessions
- Close deals and use subjective value drivers
"Concepts were clear, and concise. I enjoyed that you brought in some other real world case studies, as well as a CEO to share their perspective on negotiation." -Jordan M.
Perfect for Recruiters, Salespeople, Account Managers, Brokers, and Entrepreneurs
Some audiences that will likely find immediate applications for their new integrative bargaining skills are:
- Recruiters and HR professionals involved in compensation package negotiations
- Salespeople and account managers looking to close deals while preserving long-term relationships
- Brokers involved in negotiating the sale or purchase of high-dollar assets (e.g. businesses or property)
- Entrepreneurs or freelancers looking to get fair value for their work while building strong relationships with clients
"This is a great match for me as I have to integrate negotiation skills as a manager." -Claudia M.
"A lot of great content in a small amount of time. Well-designed and presented. I cannot think of another resource that could give you this kind of upgrade on your negotiation skills and mindset in about an hour."
If you’re interested in learning how to be a leader at the negotiation table then this course is for you. Eazl’s Negotiation Certificate Course introduces you to integrative negotiation, the BATNA, and other upgrades to your negotiation skillset. In this course, you’ll learn how to prepare for high-stakes negotiations, how to create value while claiming value, how to close more deals and more. Because you’re learning with Eazl, you’ll learn how to do it in a way that’s both informative and engaging.
In this course, you will:
- Create value for all parties though integrative bargaining
- Claim value while collaborating with your counter-parties
- Use pro-social framing to elevate negotiation discussions
- Close deals through deal creativity and subjective value
- Earn your negotiating certificate in less than 90 minutes
This course is also chock full of activities that allow you to practice what you’re learning. You’ll work with your instructor over 3 exercises prepare a negotiation strategy, label concessions, and analyze major cases when negotiations both failed and succeeded.
"Very important topics are explained in an easy and effective way, with simple but very useful examples." -Simona L.
Why Further Develop Your Negotiation Skills?
Learning how to lead negotiations can benefit you professionally as you gain the ability to collaboratively make deals and structure relationships between people and organizations. Leading as a negotiator can be challenging and complex. To navigate this maze, you need a resource that brings research from Harvard, MIT, and other top institutions with practical applications presented in an engaging format.
Your course leverages Davis Jones’ experience as a headhunter in the San Francisco Bay Area, the research of Eazl’s subject-matter expert community, and Eazl’s award-winning approach to creating online learning experiences. Davis Jones has taught managers in more than 180 countries and more than 100,000 students worldwide.
By the end of the course, you will be able to prepare for and lead in negotiations and you’ll earn a verifiable certificate issued by the Eazl team. Join us on this adventure today! We’ll see you inside the course.
"Another fun, instant, and great course from Eazl. I took this course while doing Sunday chores and it turned out best used 70 minutes or so this week!" -Shigeru
Content Upgrade Journal
• Version 2 (November 2019): In this update, we've done a massive update to the study guide and included links to all of the scholarship that powers the course curriculum. We've also added those links as external references to your lectures on the platform, and added full English-language captions to the lectures. Enjoy the update!
• Version 3 (November 2020): In this update, many of your lectures have been re-recorded and/or re-animated. Specifically, any lecture that introduces a concept (e.g. "Integrative Negotiation" or "Reciprocity") has now been modified so that, as you learn the new concept, there is a complimentary visual on screen. This approach is in line with the most cutting-edge learning science. By taking this approach, you should be able to learn faster, and retain a higher percentage of the information presented on-screen. Also, you now have an interactive Assignment in the course. In it, you will see a real-world case presented, and then be asked to take an action as if you were involved in the mentioned negotiations. Enjoy version 3!
• Version 3.1 (November 2021): In this update, we've added a new series of lectures that you'll find throughout your learning experience. They're called "Voices from the Field", and they are a way for you to see how different professionals who deal with negotiations in different business sectors answer the same questions about negotiation back-to-back-to-back. We hope you enjoy the upgrade!
Eazl is the online school that fits your life. Since launching in 2013, Eazl courseware has received 25,000+ 5-star reviews and is trusted by teams at Tesla, Harvard, the World Bank, and many other leading organizations. Today, 250,000+ students use Eazl to build and prove their skills from anywhere, on any device, on their own schedule.
Eazl also offers you industry-leading digital student support. More than just Q&A, you can get high-quality feedback on projects that can be career game-changers for you--like your resume and completed course projects. For example, many students at the University of San Francisco and EDHEC Business School submit and receive feedback on their resumes from Eazl’s student support team before graduating. Our team is passionate about delivering you honest feedback to support your learning and enable you to put your best foot forward.
You can take advantage of three kinds of learning experiences with Eazl: Career Hacking, certificate courses, and Eazl’s BFE Program.
- Career Hacking is the best-selling career management course in the history of the Internet. It’s a great way to learn how the job market works, to refine your career strategy, and to build your resume and LinkedIn® profile. We also offer additional services to help you build a strong professional brand and navigate your job search.
- Eazl’s certificate courses enable you to develop a specific skill, get templates and tools related to the skill that you can alter for your own uses, and receive a customized certificate for completing the course. For example, Eazl’s Growth Hacking with Digital Marketing class is a certificate course with more than 35,000 alumni worldwide.
- In Eazl’s Business, Finance, and Economics Intensive (BFE) program, you’ll learn everything you need to know to be a capable, well-rounded businessperson. Through the BFE program, you pick among 5 specializations or complete all 5 to prove that you’re someone who deserves a seat at the leadership table.
StartThree Key Concepts: The BATNA, Issues, and Interests (4:00)
StartHow to Create an Advantage through Preparation (3:40)
StartOne CEO on the Power of Alternatives in Buy/Sell Situations (3:59)
StartVoices from the Field: How Can I Generate Leverage During Negotiations? (2:35)
StartCase Study: Time Warner’s BATNA Fail (2:43)
StartCase Study: The New Hire’s Compensation Package (4:08)
StartFind Time Warner’s BATNA During Negotiations with CBS (1:00)
StartReciprocity and the Ant Army (3:43)
StartTwo Ways to Create a Collaborative Environment (2:17)
StartLet’s Build Your Muscles around Labelling Concessions (3:55)
StartReciprocal Communications II: Concessions in Installments (2:39)
StartVoices from the Field: What Negotiation Communication Tips Can You Share? (3:41)