Crowdfund Investing 101: The Basics of Equity Crowdfunding [2018 Update]
Learn how to sell shares in any startup or small business to anyone. Just like an IPO!
Learn about a transformative financial technology just legalized in the US (May of 2016) and everything you need to be in the know about crowdfund investing (sometimes called Equity Crowdfunding).
Build the vocabulary, rules, and use cases of crowdfund investing in 25 minutes.
- Why startup / small business investing via the internet is transformative
- How crowdfund investing and crowdfunding (e.g. Kickstarter) are completely different
- What the law allows for entrepreneurs, investors, and funding portals
- Where business and social change fits into this equation
Big opportunities to be early to the game
Learning the basics of crowdfund investing (CFI) puts a very powerful tool into your hands. CFI’s use cases may include startup funding, small business “mini-IPOs”, and internet-based fundraising for larger projects. Opportunities for consultants, entrepreneurs, and investors in this space are likely to increase exponentially over the next 10 years.
Content and Overview
You’ll start by learning the basics of crowdfund investing, then move on to how this financial innovation can fit into a business’ financial lifecycle. Then, you’ll learn the basics of securities as they apply to crowdfund investing, including how equities, bonds, and profit-sharing arrangements work under this model. Next, you’ll learn how funding portals work and how businesses need to approach discussing financial information during these transactions. We’ll wrap up with a look at some of the socioeconomic impacts of the new law and access to additional resources.This course is optimized for Full HD streaming to Chromecast and similar devices.
Eazl is the online school that fits your life. Since launching in 2013, Eazl courseware has received 15,000+ 5-star reviews and is trusted by teams at Tesla, Harvard, the World Bank, and many other leading organizations. Today, 150,000+ students use Eazl to build and prove their skills from anywhere, on any device, on their own schedule.
Eazl also offers you industry-leading digital student support. More than just Q&A, you can get high-quality feedback on projects that can be career game-changers for you--like your resume and completed course projects. For example, many students at the University of San Francisco and EDHEC Business School submit and receive feedback on their resumes from Eazl’s student support team before graduating. Our team is passionate about delivering you honest feedback to support your learning and enable you to put your best foot forward.
You can take advantage of three kinds of learning experiences with Eazl: Career Hacking, certificate courses, and Eazl’s BFE Program.
- Career Hacking is the best-selling career management course in the history of the Internet. It’s a great way to learn how the job market works, to refine your career strategy, and to build your resume and LinkedIn® profile. We also offer additional services to help you build a strong professional brand and navigate your job search.
- Eazl’s certificate courses enable you to develop a specific skill, get templates and tools related to the skill that you can alter for your own uses, and receive a customized certificate for completing the course. For example, Eazl’s Growth Hacking with Digital Marketing class is a certificate course with more than 35,000 alumni worldwide.
- In Eazl’s Business, Finance, and Economics Intensive (BFE) program, you’ll learn everything you need to know to be a capable, well-rounded businessperson. Through the BFE program, you pick among 5 specializations or complete all 5 to prove that you’re someone who deserves a seat at the leadership table.
StartLinks to Eazl's Collection of Free Investment Crowdfunding Resources
StartThis Major Financial Innovation Could be a Game-changer (3:54)
StartCrowdfunding vs. Crowdfund Investing: Big Difference (2:01)
StartHow Crowdfund Investing fits into a Business’ Financial Lifecycle (3:03)
StartThe Mechanisms that Move the Crowdfund Investment Transaction (4:12)
StartWhat’s Permitted and Illegal Under US Law (3:25)
StartWhat Funding Portals (Crowdfund Investment Websites) Can and Cannot Do (1:56)
StartHow Companies Issuing Crowdfunded Securities Must Certify Financial Information (2:50)
StartWhy Governments around the World are Legalizing Crowdfund Investing (3:20)
StartAccess to Additional Resources and Wrap Up (0:49)
StartGrowth Hacking w/ Digital Marketing Coupon