Your Course is Frequently Updated! Here's the Upgrade Log Since 2015.
Hi there! Here are the update notes for this course. We update it frequently!
Version 2.0 Release Notes:
- The course features brand new introductions. Re-recording of course introduction, section introductions, and conclusions to reflect new material.
- You can now earn growth marketing ninja stars throughout the course! If you complete your training, you'll earn the Ultra Star and can download the Ultra Star wallpaper as a frequent reminder of your growth hacking skills.
- You have access to nearly 2 hours of new SideBYSides to support the following technical skills:
- Target Market Interviewing Analytics
- Using Google Data to Access Public Demographic Statistics
- Using the Google Analytics Solutions Gallery
- Designing Trackable Analytics Funnels
- Using Funnel Visualization Tools
- Researching Journalists Who've Written about Similar Stories
- Creating a Custom Email List Segment
- Integrating Automated Email Triggers
- Automating Drip Email Campaigns
- Setting Up an Adwords Campaign and Group
- Setting Up a Remarketing List in Adwords
- Setting Up a Facebook Remarking List
- Setting Up Dynamic Display Remarketing in Adwords
- We've added a .pdf from Yahoo! that describes the personas who use Yahoo!'s job seeker offerings as an additional resource in the lecture on Developing Psychographic Customer Profiles.
- LinkedIn and Twitter profile connections for some of the course's subject matter experts. Connect with them!
Version 2.1 Release Notes:
- You now have interview summaries for the expert interviews with Brian Taylor, James Kenler, and Reva Minkoff! Get their key points fast
Version 2.2.1 Release Notes:
- There's a new interview in the final section of the course with Antonio Carella, a mobile developer and software development instructor, on the basics of using APIs and social logins in growth marketing.
Version 2.2.2 Release Notes:
- Modified an action learning exercise to include better benchmarking statistics. Thanks Luka!
Version 2.2.3 Release Notes:
- In the Labs section at the end of the course, you'll find an email printout of our exchange with the LinkedIn® ad team about their ad offerings and how much you need to spend in order to get access to their ad support team.
Version 2.3 Release Notes:
- You'll now experience a richer learning experience with the integration of additional learning resources throughout the course. These tools include a study guide to compliment the course, integration with the EazlVlog which offers real-world examples of the tools taught in the course, and better integration with the Eazl Marketing Mastermind Group. Stay engaged with the many tools you're learning and using!
Version 3 Release Notes:
- Woohoo Growth Hacking 3 is here and the course is better than ever. Using feedback from the Eazl lead users crew, the Udemy learning team, and other student feedback, we've made a whole host of upgrades! The course is now more project-based, so you'll be able to use sections as you need them to achieve outcomes related to your growth objectives. We've also trimmed out some of the more outdated exercises and SideBYSides and replaced them with fresh content. As a part of this upgrade, there are all new intros in the course and it has been totally re-structured. You also have access to a brand new interview with Peter van Sabben that was recorded in Amsterdam in the Winter of 2015. Peter is one of Europe's leading growth hackers and the co-founder of Growth Tribe, the first ever growth hacking program sponsored by a university (the University of Amsterdam) and backed by Facebook.
Version 3.1 Release Notes:
- We've added a premium tutorial for you in the Google Analytics part of the Growth Hacking Series. In this live event rebroadcast, you'll see how to call specific data from your Google Analytics properties, leverage it to create automatically-updating dashboards, and publish these dashboards to a private site. Think of this as your business or entrepreneurial HQ. For those of you who have board members, investors, or teammates, you can select the people who will have access to these dashboards so that your team can use data to drive good decisions. Enjoy!
Version 3.2 Release Notes:
- You have an updated study guide that is better synchronized to the lectures and further study resources in the course. Happy learning!
Version 4.0 Release Notes:
- Growth Hacking 4 includes tons of new content, including content related to the application of bots to social media, Google 360, automation mashups, and a lot more. We've also streamlined the learning experience with selected new intros, projects, and by de-escalating some content which is less-relevant than when the course was initially launched.
- Growth Hacking 4.1 migrates course document support from Dropbox to Google Documents. Students in the course should not experience any learning disruption from Dropbox's recent hosting infrastructure change!
Released November 2017: What's new in version 5.0?
- Where to begin? This learning experience has just received the most MASSIVE upgrade in Eazl history!
- You can now earn your Eazl Growth Hacker certificate by completing 100% of this course. Eazl will customize, host, and issue your certificate so that you can impress clients and employers with your knowledge and commitment to building growth hacking skills!
- All new hands-on practicums by former Googler and European growth hacking leader Maja Voje that takes you all the way from developing personas, using the Growth Marketing Canvas to generate growth hacking ideas, launching a landing page with Leadpages, setting up tracking with Google Tag Manager, Hotjar, and the Facebook Pixel, analyzing traffic to the page, optimizing it, watching user recordings, and moving into retention cohorts, user analytics, installing third-party tools on the page, and optimizing the funnel. It's AWESOME.
- All new side by sides updated for the all new Google Analytics interface, Facebook's newest changes, new Mailchimp workflows, and more.
- TONS of brand new animated modules. Growth Hacking has become an increasingly cohesive community and best practices are starting to solidify around the ecosystem. More than 80 lectures... 80 lectures! were upgraded as part of this update.
- An all new study guide that's hosted on the cloud and give you links to tons of online spreadsheets built to support this course, guides, and references. It also includes the world's first Growth Hacking dictionary so that you can stay up-to-date with the language used by growth hackers.
- A new suite of interviews all included as part of the 2018 upgrade plus full-length versions of the interviews accessible on the Eazl YouTube channel. We wanted you to have a streamlined learning experience, so none of the interviews are over 10 minutes in length during your experience in the course.
Released February 2018: What's new in version 5.2? In version 5.2 we've added Assignments throughout your learning experience. This is a brand new Udemy feature released in beta mode that enables your Eazl instruction team to blend videos with questions and images. We've heard from many of you that you would love even more hands-on activities, so we answered with 8 new hands-on Assignments in version 5.2 of the course!
Released November 2018: What's new in version 6?
- Overview: Hello Eazl Growth Hackers! This year, the course content upgrades are heavily focused on working with on-site user psychology. As the digital world becomes more common in our lives, it's becoming increasingly important to create a sense of scarcity, to provide social proof, and to move towards personalized digital experiences so that we can retain our users. This is also important because the cost of acquiring customers in the digital space is rising quickly. Below, you'll find some specific areas we upgraded in this huge update!
- Growth hack with Google. This year, you'll be learning how to growth hack using actual data from the Google Merchandise Store. We've re-engineered your learning experience to include the use of this popular e-commerce storefront so that when you learn a concept you can see examples of it applied to a big, real-life digital business.
- Work with Awesome Practitioners. This year we are so pleased to introduce you to a third co-instructor. In addition to learning with Eazl Growth Strategist In-residence Maja Voje and with Eazl co-founder Davis Jones, you'll also be learning hands-on training with Jure Knehtl--an e-commerce advertising expert who has sold more than $30m worth of products online. Our goal is for you to learn important concepts, meet experts in the field, see these concepts in action, then use the new skills you have. Which leads us to...
- Brand New Assignments. You all are awesome! We were so impressed with your response to the 2018 (Version 5) assignments that we've made the Growth Hacking assignments in this course even better. In the 2019 (Version 6) Eazl Growth Hacking course, you'll be moving into the role of the Head of Growth for the Google Merch Store. You'll be creating custom segments, looking into data for insights, and launching practice growth experiments for the Google Merch Store.
- Multiple New Expert Interviews. Maja recruited two fantastic new experts to include in your Growth Hacking learning experience. You'll be learning design thinking from Alan Faljic, a former business designer with IDEO, and referral marketing with Savvas Zortikis from ViralLoops. As always, these experts will now be part of your growth hacker network.
- Automated Learning with Dynamic Creative. Davis Jones has developed an extensive Practicum for you related to using Facebook's new Dynamic Creative feature as a way of automating your progress towards language/market fit with an audience. You'll learn what this is and how to take advantage of it!
- You'll also find so much more new stuff inside the course!
Released November 2018: What's new in version 6.1?
- We've just done a massive upgrade to the Version 6 Eazl Growth Hacking Course study guide! Now your study guide has bookmarks that enable you to navigate to the relevant parts of the course study guide based on whatever growth hacking skill you're applying at any given moment. Make sure to check out the new Version 6 study guide!
- February 2019 6.2.2 Upgrade: Maja's newly-added interview with Jakob Marovt is now one of our favorites. In it, they discuss coding for growth hacking, how to get the most from your website traffic, and how to get new products to rank on Product Hunt.
Released November 2019: What's new in version 7?
- When you complete 100% of this course you'll have the opportunity to request your own personalized, hosted, and verifiable 2020 Growth Hacking certificate. You'll get a brand new, cool-looking design that's perfect for sharing on your LinkedIn® profile and personal websites and for linking on your resumé.
- You'll meet some brand new experts this year, like:
- Gabe Villamizar, the author of LinkedIn's official Social Selling with LinkedIn® online course. He'll help you understand how to leverage social networks and LinkedIn Sales Navigator® to sell high-value B2B offerings.
- Katie Espinoza, the Head of Operations at Rebrandly®. Katie will teach you about link management and link branding. There are amazing new capabilities in this area!
- Matthew Guay, formerly the lead content marketer for Zapier®. Matt will help you lean how to use online tools to chart a pathway that enables you to rank for competitive keywords if you decide to focus on acquisition through SEO.
- Pedro Clivati, the Head of Growth at GrowthHackers dot com. Pedro has loads of experience helping enterprise teams implement growth hacking programs. He'll share some very useful tips on starting your growth hacking program.
- You'll also get fresh interviews with two experts who many of you have "met" in the online course before: Jure Knehtl (one of Europe's top Facebook Ads experts) and Stella Korošec (a very successful brand manager, product developer, and social media marketeer).
- You'll get fresh Practicums from Maja Voje, Eazl's Growth Hacker in Residence, and also an extensive tutorial on the use of Google Data Studio--an easy-to-use tool for turning your analytics into dashboards and sharing them with other people.
- There are a suite of new Assignments that will enable you to put your learning into practice.
- Finally, you'll get all new introduction and overview lectures from your host, Davis Jones, which help improve the flow and effectiveness of your online learning experience.
- If you've earned your Eazl Growth Hacking certificate for previous versions of this course, you'll want to complete all the new lectures and complete all of the new assignments. After you do that, you'll be eligible to request your custom Growth Hacking 7 (2020) certificate from Eazl.
- Enjoy Growth Hacking 7!